History of the College
This age old educational institute is situated under Singur Block of Hugli district, mouza Khalisani. Originally the building was built for dwelling purpose by the zaminders in 1908. The structure of this heritage building is based on the 19th century architectural style in Bengal.
Institute of Education (P.G.) for Women, Chandernagore, Hooghly is a teacher training institute, located beside Chandannagar railway station. With the establishment of this college in 1965, a new era of enlightenment began in the field of secondary teachers’ training for women. This prestigious college has recently completed its fifty golden years (1965-2014) in the academic milieu of Hugli district. Since then it has an immense contribution in women education. This is a Government College under the aegis of the Department of Higher Education, West Bengal, affiliated under University of Burdwan and recognised by NCTE.
The mission of the College has always been the development of a complete teacher. This College is committed to the cause of empowerment of women from all sectors including those who are socially and economically deprived through access to higher education particularly teachers’ training.
The goal of this teacher training College is to endow its learners with access to school teaching through quality teaching-learning process.
- Prof. Mahasweta Palaniyandi, Officer-in-Charge and Associate Professor. M.A., B.Ed.
- Email.- email@example.com
- Dr. Biswanath Bandyopadhyay, Associate Professor in History. M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed., Ph.D.
- Email.- firstname.lastname@example.org | M.- 9433736670
- Prof. Subhra Ghosh, Assistant Professor in Economics, M.Sc.(Economics), M.Ed.
- Email.- email@example.com | M.- 9830551703
- Dr. Keka Trivedi, Assistant Professor in Geography, M.Sc.(Geography), M.Ed., Ph.D.(Geography)
- Email.- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Chandan Adhikary, Assistant Professor in Chemistry, M.Sc.(Chemistry), M.A.(Education), M.Ed., Ph.D.(Chemistry)
- Email.- email@example.com | M.- 9432184217
- Prof. Angshuman Sheth, Assistant Professor in Bengali, M.A.(Bengali) , M.Ed.
- Email.- firstname.lastname@example.org | M.- 9836845002
- Prof. Rakheebrita Biswas, Assistant Professor in Botany, M.Sc.(Botany), M.A.(Education), M.Ed., Special B.Ed.
- Email.- email@example.com | M.- 9874648470
- Prof. Aabriti Sharma, Assistant Professor in Education, M.A.(English), M.A.(Education), M.Ed.
- Email.- firstname.lastname@example.org | M.- 8172024884
- 9. Prof. Samir Kumar Mahato, Assistant Professor in English, M.A.(English), M.A.(Education), M.Ed., M.Phil. (Education)
- Email.- email@example.com
- Debasis Das Ghosh, LDC, B.Com., Business Management
- M.- 8900118719
- Suniti Kundu (Halder), Grade-I Typist, B.Com., Steno
- M.- 9038873038
- Madhumita Bhattacharya, Cashier, H.S.
- M.- 8420697790
- Gopal Adhikari, Night Guard, Class – IX
- M.- 9874445883
- Dilip Kumar Prasad, Darwan, Class – IX
- M.- 9681257992
- Bidyut Dey, Lab Bearer, B.Com.
- M.- 9836188197
- Swarup Kumar Ghosh, Cook, B.Com., Hotel Management
- M.- 9735267181
- Chandrakanta Chowdhury, Helper, M.P.
- M.- 7044327090
- Nirmal Kumar Jana, Asstt.Cook, Class – VIII
- M.- 8017683620
- Sanjoy Ghosh, Cook, H.S.
- M.- 9474861053
- Indraji Bhattacharjee, Casual Staff, B.Com.
- M.- 9831233865
- Durgabala Ghosh, Casual Staff, Class – VIII
- M.- 9474861053
Facilities & Infrastructure
- Connectivity: This institute enjoys a huge advantage in terms of its location. It is located beside the Chandannagar railway station. It is well connected to Kolkata and Barddhaman through railways and two important highways.
- Hostel: The College also offers hostel accommodation for 60 students.
- Playground within the college premises.
- Resourceful library consisting of rare books.
- Well equipped laboratories
- Well equipped seminar cum lecture hall and class rooms
- Well equipped Music room, Fine Arts room and Physical Education room